Lobbying Draft Legislation, Well-Massaged Elections, Corrupted Political Parties and Legislation that makes officials uncontrolled and with powerful interests.
Transparency International – Bulgaria made a package of 11 proposals to the Government, in connection with the preparation of the National Strategy for Prevention and Counteraction of Corruption in Republic of Bulgaria for the period (2021 – 2027).
As a part of our activity, we have created a package of proposals grouped under four priorities:
- Good governance as an anti-corruption measure. Management based on transparency, accountability and integrity. The measures to achieve it are linked
- Improving the legislative process and, above all, ending the possibility for Members of the Parliament to bypass the requirements for public impact assessment and the financial soundness of proposals.
- Throwing light on lobbyist activities and introducing public accountability standards.
- The next priority for the prevention of corruption is Creating an environment for public intolerance against corruption.
- We insist on the protection, support and encouragement of whistleblowers who expose and report corruption.
- Encouraging businesses to adopt international standards for managing corruption risk and the principles of business integrity is also a measure we insist on being adopted.
- Countering Political Corruption is a priority line that does not lose but rather increase in importance:
- Ending the uncontrolled financing of political parties and political activity by “the business” and the possibility for financial influence, either domestic or foreign, is a must. This measure will bring us back within the framework of international standards for political activity.
4. Respecting the interest of citizens and incorporating anti-corruption efforts into local government by promoting accountability practices is a key priority that needs to be developed consistently through economic and regulatory instruments.
TI-Bulgaria send your proposals to the governmental working group for the Elaboration of the National Strategy for Prevention and Counteraction of Corruption in the Republic of Bulgaria (2021 – 2027).
Аll the proposals made of TI-Bulgaria are based on more than twenty years of expertise in the field of prevention and counteraction оf corruption.
You can see the full proposal and justification of TI-Bulgaria in the Bulgarian Section of our website here.